[jhb_airlines] Re: New AIRAC data and structure

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:39:29 +0100

Title: Message
Lads,

I agree.... I'm afraid that if they don't revise the system, or the price, people will resort to other methods!

I am just moving some files between my download machine and my FS PC...... the damn of it is that because I have lost my USB data stick I have had to put the files online somewhere!

http://www.reheat.org/Stuff

Such an inconvenience...it'll probably take 30 minutes for all the files to upload too! ;)

Alex

Bones wrote:
Even so it still means forking out 15 quid a month for the data and that comes to 180 quid yearly.

It is getting a bit daft when simmers are paying the same price that is being charged to real world users - this data also being fed into real world simulators. For 180 pounds you can get a lot of data for your money. For example

or

That's the whole UK IFR data, updated for 12 months and only for 158 pounds. Few people would actually get this stuff so they'll never be aware that the data is affordable compared to what they are paying out for FS products.