[jhb_airlines] Re: Networks and Broadband

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:51 +0100 (BST)

The pundits of PC-ery with whom I associate tell me to NEVER EVER
use AOL for anything.  They install hidden applets on your PC
which you cannot detect, they are huge, so the service is
rubbish due to high load, and help is not.  Best advice
apparently is to use a snmall fairly local provider. I use
One-tel - not small, but not big, and the UK operation is based
in Manchester up the road.  Not the ceapest, but virtually fault
free.