[jhb_airlines] Re: Networks

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:28:14 BST

Alex,
It's not excessive, just two computers, if you ignore the laptop. It's just
that one PC needs five monitors; three for the view, one for the instrument
panel and one for FSNav. I'd considered a KVM switch but that would only have
reduced the number by one, back to five. I'd also lose the abillity to run
ServInfo on a separate machine, to minimise the load on the FS9 machine. I'll
ignore the laptop and put it away. A bit churlish, since it's kept me in touch
with this list, whilst eveything else was falling apart.
 I think I'm showing great restraint. I haven't even thought about buying one
of those chair shaped vibrators, not to mention one of those pensioned off
Canberras.
BTW; whatever happened about the ex Squiresgate Vulcan?

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net