[jhb_airlines] NavData

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Email List" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:38:00 +0100

If you haven't picked up the current NavData files for 05/09 for your
PMDG/FSNav/Level D 767 then I would advise you to - it may be the last.

The current data source for most FS FMS databases is the DAFIF aeronautical
service and this is now closing down its public service releases. It means
the data will only be provided to paying subscribers in the future i.e. the
airlines, and so our main source will dry up. There isn't an equivalent
service to jump to so I suspect the 05/09 release may be the last for some
time.

At a local level we can drag this info out of the UK AIP but I doubt we will
see a worldwide service appear again - not for a while anyway. Even the AIP
has its limitations as it is only really good for airspace and navaid/fix
data - not for procedures such as SID and STAR info which is only in
diagrammatic format.

I'm just hoping that Richard finds a mole who may give him the data on the
QT..

bones

HC@xxxxxxxxxx
http://fsaviation.net