[jhb_airlines] Re: Mysterious hot air balloons

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:19:29 +0100

I cannot tell a lie; it wos me wot dunnit. I dunnit in several other places. I'd tell you where, but then I'd have to terminate you with extreme prejudice.

I've failed to get gliders to hang around like that and can't think why.

Now, there's a job for someone with time on his hands. If I had a list of co-ordinates for the CAA chart spots where baloon flying is indicated.........

Gerry Winskill

Mike Lucas wrote:

The other evening, flying from EGBJ to EGNS on IVAO, I encountered some hot air balloons as I approached the Welsh coast - between Denbigh and Colwyn Bay. Can anyone tell me where they came from? Not Gary's UK2000 - I doubt it? I don't imagine IVAO can inject random traffic into their sessions (now there's a thought ...). So my suspicion has to fall on either Gerry or Bones, who are the only other two whose scenery add-ons I have in that general area - and I don't think any IoM balloons would drift that far.

Gerry!!  Own up!

Mike L