[jhb_airlines] Re: More pictures

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:15:40 +0100

Thanks re clouds. I'll look at the options.

My PC seems to ageing. Is it possible that slot connectors become more oxidised over the years? Last night I solved my mike, headphone problem, by extracting and replacing the jacks. That also increased my speaker volume.
One of the noticeable changes is just the time it takes for an email to be sent, or erased. I can't see the prog changing but the hardware could be suffering.

For the evening hop from Liverpool to Manchester I was getting frame rates
of 2 but it's a glitch I seem to get from time to time. Turning off
Transform and Lighting got rid of the problem but I never had FPS much above
13. I'm suspecting the Parhelia can no longer cope with everything I've
loaded into FS2004.

You may have to read the ASv6 manual as I recall they used to offer a less
memory hungry cloud set (8bit?). I think the default textures are 32bit and
these can demand a lot of work from the system.