[jhb_airlines] Re: More pictures

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:41:58 +0100

Same flight but different topic. FS9 isn't too hot on Local v GMT, it appears. I've noticed this a few times, in the Southern hemisphere, where scenery re loads, crossing time zone boundaries, after which GMT has changed but Local Time remained the same.
Yesterday's flight time details were
Quebec dept 1540 Local, 1940 GMT
Dublin arrival 2135 Local, 2035 GMT
Ramsey Local: Quebec dept 1415; Dublin arrival 2010.

So the flight time is correct, if Local times are used but hypersonic if GMT used...........................

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I could see yoy, for about an hour, on the Servinfo map. No sign at any time, through the windows, yet I saw Tom's F100, quite clearly, on the ground at Dublin. Mind, I was flying in real time and with ASv6 weather, so it was pitch black and with almost unbroken cloud below. John mentioned you were a couple of hundred feet below me but you weren't showing on TCAS; then I remembered it only picks up AI traffic. Hope my descent for Dublin didn't take you by surprise but you were'nt on JHB_OPS, so I couldn't warn you. I guess these ATC types are safer on the ground!

My framerates were only about 18 fps, all the way over. Approaching Dublin they fell to around 4. I suspect the AS clouds. Is there a less framerate AS cloud variant that is still visually OK?

I was going to post these on the Pilot Club forum but I'd better not now
that Timo has asked me not to distribute the JHB AI aircraft. As I have
already done so can I ask everyone not to select any of my repaints in the
Flight Plan box over the next few days..

Anyway - here are three shots I took today when FS2004 was behaving itself.
I was "escorting" JHB068 in a Swiss Hunter (lovely aircraft) as you can see
here.

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image1.jpg

I'd not appreciated how close you had to get to other aircraft before the
model appears - in this case I was down to 2nm before it popped up on
screen. As Gerry descended into Dublin I carried on for Manchester-

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image2.jpg

and finally saw him many thousands of feet below. See if you can spot him in
this shot-

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image3.jpg

The Hunter is very nice to fly but it isn't good for PCF sessions as it only
has a height hold on the autopilot - there isn't an altitude preselector.

http://fsaviation.net