[jhb_airlines] Re: More pictures

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:31:08 +0100

I could see yoy, for about an hour, on the Servinfo map. No sign at any time, through the windows, yet I saw Tom's F100, quite clearly, on the ground at Dublin. Mind, I was flying in real time and with ASv6 weather, so it was pitch black and with almost unbroken cloud below. John mentioned you were a couple of hundred feet below me but you weren't showing on TCAS; then I remembered it only picks up AI traffic. Hope my descent for Dublin didn't take you by surprise but you were'nt on JHB_OPS, so I couldn't warn you. I guess these ATC types are safer on the ground!

My framerates were only about 18 fps, all the way over. Approaching Dublin they fell to around 4. I suspect the AS clouds. Is there a less framerate AS cloud variant that is still visually OK?

I was going to post these on the Pilot Club forum but I'd better not now
that Timo has asked me not to distribute the JHB AI aircraft. As I have
already done so can I ask everyone not to select any of my repaints in the
Flight Plan box over the next few days..

Anyway - here are three shots I took today when FS2004 was behaving itself.
I was "escorting" JHB068 in a Swiss Hunter (lovely aircraft) as you can see
here.

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image1.jpg

I'd not appreciated how close you had to get to other aircraft before the
model appears - in this case I was down to 2nm before it popped up on
screen. As Gerry descended into Dublin I carried on for Manchester-

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image2.jpg

and finally saw him many thousands of feet below. See if you can spot him in
this shot-

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/FS-Images/Image3.jpg

The Hunter is very nice to fly but it isn't good for PCF sessions as it only
has a height hold on the autopilot - there isn't an altitude preselector.

http://fsaviation.net