[jhb_airlines] Re: More Poltergeeses

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:14:52 +0100

OK so Active Sky is trying to install.  Did you at any point revert to a
restore point? That might explain this.  Otherwise I would suggest
uninstalling Active Sky and re-installing it.  This should solve the pop ups
during install.  I don't know if you've done a recent AV scan but this sort
of behaviour rings alarm bells.  I think Frank may be right, back-up all
essential data, format out, and re-install would be my preference.

I know it may mean having to re-configure programmes and re-install many
add-ons especially for FS but an unoptimised working system that can be
tweaked has to be better than a failing machine.

I have to admit, I admire your tenacity to try to repair though.

Paul.