[jhb_airlines] Re: More Poltergeeses

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:34:32 +0100

Once I'd re seated one of my PCI based cards the alleged high temps diappeared. I say alleged because touching the CPU showed it to be barely warm, whilst HWDoctor was registering 90 deg C!

Once past that stage I restored to a 23rd August point and HWDoctor then sowed 42 deg C and wasn't accompanied by Active Sky high jinks.

There's almost certainly a mobo or CPU problem, as it refused to boot this morning, getting into a loop amidst which was a fleeting glimpse of the dreaded BlueScreen!

Son's solution is merely never to switch off.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry.

I find, that Activesky, only logs into its site, after starting the program not before, and then only if FS is running.

Just why, it is attempting to, at startup is a mystery.

I still think, you have a rogue program on your system.

You could try obtaining, and running the 'Hijackthis' program, and checking the logs it produces, for an unknown program.

Other than this, a complete reinstall is just around the corner.

The only problems I have, is that, that the retaining pin for my video card is broken, and with two cables plus adaptors, hanging off the back, it tends to creep in the socket, the only warning, is a blank screen on bootup, cured by openning the side, and reseating.