[jhb_airlines] Re: Monday Night

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:33:05 +0000

Sorry I missed you Frank. Couldn't connect, initially. Eventually found to be finger trouble!

The experience confirmed my first, exagerated, opinion that the florida scenery is crap! I think that may be because the real life scenery isn't much better. I'll withdraw that with respect to the approaches to Miami and Palm Beach. In both cases the autogen produced a decent array of buildings to overfly, approaching touchdown.
I'll try the same routes, sometime today, in FSX, to see how they compare.
Also had problems with my GF Autopilot. Part way through the digital displays froze. Oddly, turning the knobs changed the values in the Baron's panel, and it reacted to the changes. Weird!

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

All

How about a trip to the US of A.

Miami KMIA

Key West KEYW

Palm Beach KPBI

KEYW-KPBI 156nm

KEYW-KMIA 110nm

KMIA-KPBI 56nm

www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php for charts

Center control not essential, but need APP for Miami and Palm Beach.

I will take Key West.  Answers ASAP for posting before Monday pm.

Frank