[jhb_airlines] Re: Models

  • From: "tom smith" <ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:54:27 +0100

when I was on the Beatrice alpha one day I took a radio call from an
aircraft which turned out to be a hunter asking permission to take some
photos when he explained what he wanted to do we turned off our uv detectors
then gave him the go ahead .buccaneer and a phantom did low leave passes at
cellar deck level which was 70 feet with the hunter further out filming on
the last pass the phantom put on his after burners and made the other two
look to be standing still.we used to get a lot of traffic from nimrods
working in I think db7 we would stand traffic watch for them .one Christmas
eve one came out and when he was about to leave asked if we would like a
little show .he came in at wave top height and when opposite the rig put
every thing on and climbed straight up what a noise and what a sight
Tom