[jhb_airlines] Re: MS Flight Simulator and Google Earth

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:08:34 +0100

Hi Paul

Thanks for that.

Any noticeable decrease in Flightsim performance?

I assume that you are using WideFS

Alastair

Paul wrote:
Alastair / Frank,

I got these running over my network and very nice it is too.  I found the
labels on AI Aircraft / Airports etc would only appear briefly but the
porgramme itself works well.  I had difficulty in optimising the flight
following, getting the balance between the tilt and the aircraft altitude
proved fiddly. I found keeping the view above the aitcrafts position most
effective.

I did find that polling the aircraft's present position, position + 1 minute
and AI Traffic simultaneously occasionnaly caused syncing problems with one
element. Could this be why Frank is locking up?  I don't thik it's his
connection speed, he has 4Mbps D/L, I'm on 2Mbps and can stay on solidly.

Perhaps it's the LAN speed, are you running 10Mb or 100Mb LAN Frank?  That
may be the bottle-neck, data transfer via the LAN. (I'm on 100Mb LAN).

Paul.

-----Original Message----- From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alastair Sent: 23 October 2005 19:38 To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [jhb_airlines] MS Flight Simulator and Google Earth

Hi

Can anyone (with WideFs) please check out this link.

http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsGoogleEarth/MyFsGoogleEarth.htm

It is a small? programme to link up MS Flight Simulator and Google Earth
running on the second computer.

Requires registered versions of FSUIPC and WideFS

I have the former, but not the latter.

Ps out of interest Google Earth has a 'Flight Simulator' mode.

Press 'Ctrl G' and a small aeroplane icon will appear.

Left mouse button + forward or back to dive/climb.
Right mouse button + forward or back to speed up/slow down. Mouse left or
right to bank.

Cheers

Alastair