[jhb_airlines] Re: MS Flight Simulator and Google Earth

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:26:15 +0100

Alastair / Frank,

I got these running over my network and very nice it is too.  I found the
labels on AI Aircraft / Airports etc would only appear briefly but the
porgramme itself works well.  I had difficulty in optimising the flight
following, getting the balance between the tilt and the aircraft altitude
proved fiddly. I found keeping the view above the aitcrafts position most
effective.

I did find that polling the aircraft's present position, position + 1 minute
and AI Traffic simultaneously occasionnaly caused syncing problems with one
element. Could this be why Frank is locking up?  I don't thik it's his
connection speed, he has 4Mbps D/L, I'm on 2Mbps and can stay on solidly.

Perhaps it's the LAN speed, are you running 10Mb or 100Mb LAN Frank?  That
may be the bottle-neck, data transfer via the LAN. (I'm on 100Mb LAN).

Paul.