[jhb_airlines] MS Flight Simulator and Google Earth

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uk_multiplayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:37:09 +0100

Just had a 'play about' with MYFSGoogleEarth, running on ONE machine, and very impressive it is, too.

I was running Google Earth on the 2nd monitor and FS9 on the main monitor.

Needless to say, running both applications on the one machine has quite a large impact on frame rates.

If anyone has WideFS installed, and running GoogleEarth on the second machine, I would be very interested in any feedback.

"MyFsGoogleEarth is a small webserver that links Flight Simulator with Google Earth. It adds placemarks at aircraft's current position, at estimated position one minute ahead and for surrounding AI traffic. It can also provide a continuous "follow aircraft" view."

Check out:   http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsGoogleEarth/MyFsGoogleEarth.htm

and just follow the instructions.

Cheers

Alastair