[jhb_airlines] Re: Limited Account

  • From: Alastair <algy.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:22:52 +0100

Frank

It is quite easy <G>

Go into Control Panel\User Accounts.

There you will see all your user accounts for the computer.

From here it's quite easy to set up a new account, modify an existing account, change passwords etc.

There are basically 2 types of accounts - Administrator and Restricted.

As long as you are logged in as an Administrator you can change these at will.

Read the help file about what restrictions are placed on a 'Restricted' account.

It is best to set up a special account, purely for F.S use, with only the programs loaded, which are necessary to run Flight Sim.

i.e do away with all the virus scanners, etc. that you normally run in the background on the Main Account.

Al.

franklyn fisher wrote:
I think that Mike Lucas's suggestion of having a separate account for
Flightsim use, with LIMITED ACCESS, is a very good one.

Alastiar

So what you are saying is: set up another account, install your relevent programs etc, then change the account to restricted.

Is that correct?

Not having gone into setting up accounts, I am not aware as to what you can do.