[jhb_airlines] Re: Limited Account

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:28:57 +0100

OK - but very few apps appear in the Startup folder compared with the many
that fire up in the background. MSConfig is the better option.

I'm getting there.

bones

-----Original Message-----
From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alastair
Sent: 24 September 2006 17:44
To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Limited Account


Bones

The 'Special' account should  have access to all the programs that are
already installed on your machine, although I found that I had to
re-install Pilot Club (temporarily changing account back to administrator).

What you can control, however, is which programs start up when you
access this account, by removing them from the start-up folder, or using
MSConfig etc.

You can also alter which Icons appear on the desktop etc.

These settings will not effect your Main account.

Alastair

Bones wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by:
>
> "It is best to set up a special account, purely for F.S use, with only
> the programs loaded, which are necessary to run Flight Sim. i.e do
> away with all the virus scanners, etc. that you normally run in the
> background on the Main Account."
>
> If you set up a new account and then log in with this how much of the
> existing software does it see? Does an Admin have to direct what gets
> loaded by this account or will it automatically see everything already
> installed?
>
> bones
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:jhb_airlines-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alastair
> Sent: 24 September 2006 15:23
> To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: Limited Account
>
>
> Frank
>
> It is quite easy <G>
>
> Go into Control Panel\User Accounts.
>
> There you will see all your user accounts for the computer.
>
>  From here it's quite easy to set up a new account, modify an existing
> account, change passwords etc.
>
> There are basically 2 types of accounts - Administrator and
> Restricted.
>
> As long as you are logged in as an Administrator you can change these
> at will.
>
> Read the help file about what restrictions are placed on a
> 'Restricted' account.
>
> It is best to set up a special account, purely for F.S use, with only
> the programs loaded, which are necessary to run Flight Sim.
>
> i.e do away with all the virus scanners, etc. that you normally run in
> the background on the Main Account.
>
> Al.
>
> franklyn fisher wrote:
>> I think that Mike Lucas's suggestion of having a separate account for
>> Flightsim use, with LIMITED ACCESS, is a very good one.
>>
>> Alastiar
>>
>> So what you are saying is: set up another account, install your
>> relevent programs etc, then change the account to restricted.
>>
>> Is that correct?
>>
>> Not having gone into setting up accounts, I am not aware as to what
>> you can do.
>>
>> Frank F
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>



Other related posts: