[jhb_airlines] Re: Lights out

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:51:57 +0100

Most of the aircraft I've flown at night have backlit gauges - much nicer
indeed. The trick here is again to turn them down to the lowest level you
are comfortable with. As the flight progresses and your eyes adjust to the
dark the lights continue to be turned down - to levels you could not have
accepted when you first started out.

The only exception is when you fly near lightening (if you are unlucky
enough to wander into this). Then you turn the lights up as much as they
will go - because just one close flash will destroy your night vision
instantly.