[jhb_airlines] Re: Lights out

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:48 +0100 (BST)

> The aisle lighting was brought in around the same time -
> partly to guide
> passengers in a dimmed cabin but also to assist exit from
> smoke filled
> aircraft. This because you are told to get as low as possible
> in smoke
> filled areas and should crawl to the exits..

I thought that was as a result of the Manchester fire?

It still makes me wince how few people take any notice of the
safety briefing before flight.  When i said to my (nervous flyer)
wife "the nearest exit is behind us through the galley - remember
that" she said sarcastically "Thanks very much". She didn't want
to know!