[jhb_airlines] Re: Lights out

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:45:02 +0100

In the case of the cabin it's to ensure that passengers vision is improved
in the case of evacuation or (dread the thought) an accident.

Passengers trying to get out of a well lit aircraft at night suffer the
black hole effect when the doors are opened - they can see sod all outside.
Just like bomber crews during WW2 they thought that if lights are dimmed
then the chance of survival increases.