[jhb_airlines] Re: Lightning

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:43:07 -0000

This sort of behaviour is easily explained.  Spiders.  They kinda like dark,
dingy places like lift shafts and when they go wandering, should they happen
to wander across the back of the control panel...  Seems spooky but I
discovered this from a lift engineer who was called to maintain the lift in
the block of flats I lived in.  He was complaining about the smell coming
from the within the shaft of the external lift, a rather acrid urine but not
human. It was produced by tge bats which were roosting at the top of the
shaft.  He pointed out they would have been attracted by the natural
habitation for spiders which were the bane of his life as the keep shorting
out the control boxes.