[jhb_airlines] Re: Lightning

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:47:18 -0000

Inbound to Dublin one day I was asked to keep speed up as much as possible.
A mile or so later the controller said;

"I may have to break you off this approach - there's a nine jet formation
rapidly catching up with you."

I didn't hang about and floored the throttle, flying the rest of the
approach at 120kts - which is pushing it in a Cherokee.

I'd only just cleared the runway and glanced behind in time to see nine
French Alpha Jets go steaming past..

Then there was the time I held up the Red Arrows at EGNS when I suffered a
radio failure in an Aviasud Mistral - photo here if you've never heard of
it.. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1163207/M/

Not as good as a Spitfire though... <vbg>