[jhb_airlines] Re: Lightning

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:47:36 +0000

I was, in the late eighties, once in a Tomahawk, at Manchester. We were behind a B747. Talk about getting an inferiority complex!

Gerry Winskill

*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date:* Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:44:48 +0000

If you had one of those waiting to taxi out, followed by a Javelin......BLISS!

Gerry Winskill
I may have mentioned this before, but the most memorable ATC instructions
I ever received were at Gloucestershire.

"Golf Oscar Zulu follow the Spitfire to hold Charlie"
and then..

"After the departing Spitfire, line up and wait runway 22".

I was a student and my instructor whacked me on the knee with his pencil
and said "pay attention - you're supposed to be doing your pre-take off
checks".  Phillistine!