[jhb_airlines] Re: Lightning

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:15 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> *From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
> *To:* jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> *Date:* Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:44:48 +0000
>
> If you had one of those waiting to taxi out, followed by a
> Javelin......BLISS!
>
> Gerry Winskill
I may have mentioned this before, but the most memorable ATC instructions
I ever received were at Gloucestershire.

"Golf Oscar Zulu follow the Spitfire to hold Charlie"
 and then..

 "After the departing Spitfire, line up and wait runway 22".

I was a student and my instructor whacked me on the knee with his pencil
and said "pay attention - you're supposed to be doing your pre-take off
checks".  Phillistine!