[jhb_airlines] Re: Lightning

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:15 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I have parked my Freelander on the GA parking area at EGGP with no
problems for occasionally 2-3 days. There are often Manx cars there too.
It seems to be relatively immune in spite of the fact that the Speke
estate is only 200 yards away.

Bones - you worked in the old Speke Tower?
This is 4th or 5th hand, so you may correct the story if you know it.
A chap went there one night after the new airfield opened to do some work.
He was alone, and went up to the top lantern gallery in the little lift
which was the only access.  As he worked, the lift suddenly started up
and went down, leaving him stuck.  He was rescued much later that night
and the police said that there were no doors forced, nor windows broken
nor any sign that anyone else had been in the building.

During the 30's some fairly famous pilot was killed on landing there in a
military aircraft.  It was always said that his ghost haunted the
terminal building.....................