[jhb_airlines] Re: Life's a sod

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:40:55 +0100

Sheeeesh Bones!  That is indeed a salutary tale. I had a VISA card hit
some years ago when some USD1000 was debited in two tranches from my
card to an on-line gambling site.  The transactions were traced to
originating from a hotel in Spain that I had vacated (and flown home
from!) two days earlier.  It was easy enough to sort out (the "Security"
Guard at the hotel was eventually sacked) but the whole episode played
merry h*ll with my blood pressure!  It is very easy to be wise after the
event, I try and make a point of checking every one of my accounts at
least once a day whenever I'm on-line.  It is a sad reflection on the
World that we all currently live in.  I'm so pleased that you were able
to recover the situation... <G>

MikeB