[jhb_airlines] Re: Last nite

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:46:49 +0100

Rubbish. You can't put a VFR aircraft into a holding pattern and neither is
it necessary to put VFR aircraft at the tail of the IFR queue - you create a
gap for him.

Also note that the phraseology for ILS approaches will change on 15th
November after which the instruction has to be "When established on the
localiser descend on the ILS (runway)(QNH)". See the NOTAMS or forum for the
full details.

- QNH can be omitted if it has already been passed once during the approach
- Runway number should be added in the transmission at airports with more
than one runway