[jhb_airlines] Re: Last night's FPI Session

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:07:47 +0100

A clue at last..

You say that when you tried to reconnect you got a warning to the effect
that "a user with this callsign is already connected".

Did anyone else get this message during the session - because I did when
I got dropped from the server and tried to log in again.

It sounds like one of the servers went wonky but was keeping our data on
the system. That may explain why some of us got dropped and could not
re-establish properly. Andy was one.

If I remember in time for the next session I might use ServInfo to check
the speed of the servers and log on to one that has the lowest usage but
with reasonable ping times. I'll then email everyone to say which server
I have plugged into.

When it is busy the ATC list in ATOC can be a bit fiddly to use. I tend
to do what you did in the end - open the ConnectionBox and close the
COM1 channel then type in the new station manually.

Dem bones