[jhb_airlines] Re: Landing

  • From: "Mike Lucas" <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:50:28 -0000

Gerry

FWIW my experience in a real RJ yesterday and today (EDDF - EGBB and return)
tends to confirm your view about them floating for what seemed rather a long
time.  The landing at EDDF, when it finally happened, was a rather "robust"
one which brought screams from a few pax (and prompted me to recall the old
question "Did we land or were we shot down?").  Mind you, it could have been
because the apprentice (sorry, FO) was flying.  Tonight's return to EGBB
also had a long float but, considering the wicked crosswind on approach, was
perhaps rather more understandable.  I was prepared for a heavy landing in
these conditions but we came down pretty well apart from the usual sideways
lurch which can be expected in  a strong crosswind landing.

Mike