[jhb_airlines] Re: Landing

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:15:35 -0000

I recall one FS98 aircraft that was so overpowered that you couldn't =
land it
either. In fact, even at idle, you could very slowly climb!

If it is simply a matter of the aircraft not slowing down fast enough =
you
could always add a bit more drag to the gear. You could also increase =
flap
drag but be careful here as it will affect the whole approach profile.

If an FS aircraft has a tendency to yaw a bit the dynamics are a bit out =
and
I think you would have to increase Yaw Stability by a silly amount (you
could also try increasing fin area but I've never tested how effective =
this
is in FS). If you do make yaw changes then take her up to a reasonable
height and rock the wings a few times. If the yaw persists it is in the
aileron values and not a longitudinal matter.