[jhb_airlines] LCD Screen Best Care

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB AIRLINES <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:41:03 +0100

My Viewsonic LCD screen has developed a tendency to be pink. Today it's not quite so bad as on some other days. Although less than two years old, I think, it has been on almost continuously, whenever I'm not abed. Because I'm nervous about HD failure, I have been leaving the PC running for 24 hours per day. Before turning in I switch off the three LCD monitors.
Question; is it more sensible to switch the monitors off whenever I'm not actually using the system, or does more frequent on / off switching present anoither risk to reliabillity?