[jhb_airlines] Knowing my Boeing 757s from my Airbus 320s

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:42 +0100 (BST)

I have never really bothered much with aircraft recognition - I
just fly a little one and all others are either big, little or
helicopters <g>
However, since I took my 6 year old son up in the 172 for his
first ever flight last Sunday, everytime an aircraft flies
overhead, he wants to know what it is!!! I'm OK-ish on light
aircraft - the ones that fly over us anyway - but I am U/S at big
ones.  Is there a good web site anyone can recommend for the
commoner types.  I can buy a book, but that has every single
variant of every aircraft in it, and that's a bit overkill fo my
purposes.