[jhb_airlines] Re: Kid with a new toy syndrome.

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:16:06 +0100

It's not that SWMBO has just arisen just that I forgot I was going to look for
my
accumulation of cameras. The stock stands at:

Bencini Comet: Italian imitation 35mm, sold by Boots. My first camera.

Zeis Ikon Nettar: bellows camera. My next purchase. Now has shutter spring prob

Zenit E: purchased whilst trapped in Czechoslovakia. They paid me a daily
allowance
but didn't mention that there was nothing to buy and illegal to take cash out
of the
country. The Zenit was all I could see to spend money on. I'm still quite
impressed.
Decent lens and built like the proverbial outhouse. When the shutter was
released, birds
left the trees in their thousands! If you receive complants that the earth
doesn't move,
anymore, buy her a Zenit!

Ricoh XR7: purchased when it was launched. With an increasing collection of
lenses,
my usual device, until 2002.

Panasonic NV-DC1000: a expensive surprise present, from SWMBO and son. I'm
surprised digital photography survived its coming. Pocket sized but awful
results, if you
tried to enlarge anything.

Olympus C4000 Zoom: Digital purchased before round world trip, 18 months ago.
Brilliant, apart from motorsport, where lack of interchangeable lenses, reset
times etc,
are a limiting factor. Unmarried son has Cannon equivalent. The same
limitations have
him deciding to buy a Nikkon digital SLR. Very pricy. Then I find that doesn't
include
lenses. Unmarried status simplifies life. He's decided the cheapest way around
the lens
situation is to buy a second hand, non-digital Nikkon, complete with autofocus
lenses,
because these can be used on the digital SLR. Why can't I indulge in this
obstacle
removing logic! 'Cos I'm married, that's why.

Voigtlander Vitoret: passed over by SWMBO's uncle.

Rollei XF 35: Compact, from same source.

Yashica 635: purchased, on a whim, at local auction. Haven't yet got around to
looking
for film. Weighs a ton!

Kodak Duaflex II: belongs to daughter. Cheap TLR.

Kodak Hawkeye Mod CC: A box Brownie type. Also belongs to daughter.

I'll put them away, quickly. I feel a distraction coming on.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx