[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB037 hours and VATSIM

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:12:52 +0100

Yep. Playing with the awful ASRC software reminds me how complex it is -
much worse than a real radar system. Unfortunately they built it to model,
almost exactly, the US centre radars which do most of their strip marking on
the tube itself - squawks, clearances, levels etc. My guess is that ATC in
VAT_UK still don't use half of these.

Coms is the real headache and trying to intercom another controller can be a
pig. Before I can do this I need the UK POF file (if anyone has done this)
that allocates a two letter code to every controller position. As I still
can't get into the UK site I'm stuck for the moment..