[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB037 hours and VATSIM

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:40 +0100 (BST)

If JHB migrates to Vatsim, I am absolutely convinced that new
pilots will be looked after.  It is no way as frightening as its
reputation... and I will start flying JHB air taxi sorties again
<g>.

The rules are as follows (from Ruth McTighe, Vatsim UK Deputy
Director and a member of our club) We are seeking registration as
a VA at this moment. Even though we are a VFR Flying Club not an
airline, we think we satisfy the requirements, and Ruth agrees.
here's the criteria for being a VA:

All airlines listed in the VATSIM database must meet seven (7)
basic requirements:

(1) The airline management supports VATSIM and encourages their
pilots to use SquawkBox for flying on the VATSIM network.
(2) Many of thier pilots regularly fly online, giving the airline
a presence on the VATSIM network.
(3) The airline must have been in existence for at least three
months.
(4) Each airline has 10 or more pilots with a verified VATSIM
PID/CID, listed in an easy to find roster or rosters (if hub
based), who fly actively on the VATSIM Network.
(5) Each airline displays a VATSIM logo, with link, on their
website homepage, preferably in a conspicuous location. Get logos
here.
(6) No VA website will attempt to install or alter any software
on a client user's system.
(7) All VAs must maintain an active email address in which they
can be reached.

*ALSO NOTE*
A) VA's, when applying for partnership, must include all the
requested information from above to help the application be
processed promptly.  To apply for affiliation, use the form
below.

B) An airline may be removed from the database at any time for
any reason.
Reasons may include, but are not limited to: Dead links, bad
email addresses, continuous misbehavior by pilots on the network,
or lack of following the above stated affiliation requirements.

I've been loking thhorugh the lists of current VAs in Europe and
America.
There's only two that describe themselves as "clubs" - one is a
mixed GA and commercial group, the other had a website with pages
of closely written German which I haven't studied carefully yet!

Maybe we could be the first VFC (Virtual Flying Club) to
register!

Ruth