[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB037 hours and VATSIM

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:10:54 +0100

Hi Phil,

VATSIM isn't an ogre's nest (den?) but most of the guys there like a
reasonable degree of competence in pilots. It's the age old problem - as the
traffic gets busier you can only operate a system if everyone has a
reasonable skill level. Drop a newbie into a busy traffic environment and it
could spoil the situation for everyone else. FPI will go the same way if it
ever gets busier.

You already have the skills to jump into VATSIM - just the confidence was
lacking. Now you are bedded in I'd recommend you build up some time with
them - you will learn a lot more than you will in FPI. I just wish the
VATSIM ASRC software was as easy to use as the pilot software!