[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB pages

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:23:30 -0000

I haven't processed the report you sent today so those figures are still =
be added.

Just to explain. I paste all the flight reports into a master table for =
each
pilot and then run the automatic process. This produces your new flight
total but it also works out the promotions and then creates a web page. =
If I
ran it again today your new flight report would be added to the page but
this recompile would also remove the promotion list (because all the =
other
pilot totals will not have changed). I therefore only compile the list
weekly so that promotions stay on the page for a decent amount of time.

The only physical work I do with flight reports is to scan them all for
typos - especially to check that the flight times have the colon symbol
added. If they don't have this the program won't recognise the hours
submitted. I also check that a colon hasn't been used anywhere else in =
the
report as I have to remove them.