[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB FLY IN Tuesday16th December 2008

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:07:30 -0000

I saw John H was staffing Birmingham Tower with additional Ground controller
present and Frank on at Leeds.  I also knew from The Eye Alistair and Mike
were flying and Bones logged in too but try I could not get myself set up.

I spent the whole evening trying to get my Teamspeak PTT functioning
properly, it just didn't want to know on the Vista 64 machine.  After
several frustrating hours I discovered there reports that User permissions
under Vista may be blocking data transfers between programmes even if both
programmes have full user privileges.  The solution is to turn off the User
Account Control function, something I discovered at something like 2:30am
having spent hours trying to resolve what I thought must be a Comodo
Internet Security issue!

All that after having suitably buttered up SWMBO for an evening free!

The sweetening process for next Tuesday is already underway...