[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Event for 27th November 2008

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:18:27 -0000

The X codes used for farm strips are not official ICAO codes but of my own
invention for cataloguing the directory of UK airfields. I know we used them
in FPI without problem but FPI wasn't regulated. In IVAO the codes will not
be understood by controllers so it may be necessary to omit them from the
flight plan (although I'm happy for you to use them in the PIREP).

In real world flight plans any non ICAO airfield has to be given ZZZZ so
your plans would have to show a flight from ZZZZ to ZZZZ. The Remarks field
is used to amplify the information by using the DEP/ and DEST/ tags so a
typical entry would show:
ITEM18- DEP/Laines DEST/Talybont RMK/Route via Epping, Hemel, Henton,
Banbury and Shobdon.

http://woodair.net