[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Event for 27th November 2008

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:55:25 -0000

Unfortunately not.  Although the work we do is all voluntary we do handle large
sums of money and therefore have a registered company of which I am a director.
 I have also been company secretary for the last two years but am standing down
at the AGM.  Since that entails handing over legal responsibilities I really
ought to be there!

Thursday’s event is just bad timing, most of our work entails daytime meetings.
 The AGM is always the exception which is coupled to a social event afterwards.
 Personally I always find AGMs as dull as dishwater, a necessary evil with far
too much formal business.

Paul