[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Event for 27th November 2008

  • From: "tom smith" <ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:24:33 -0000

Tom maybe chasing Gerry!
To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 3:12 PM
Subject: [jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Event for 27th November 2008

Good man - that's three so far.

We enjoyed a lot of fun on FPI with our round robin events and I see no
reason why we can't do the same on IVAO. This first event is really to see
if there is still any interest for such sessions or whether the desire for
collective flying has already passed us by (been there, done that syndrome). One added bonus is that it may attract further IVAO pilots to the event and
we may see some decent traffic levels for a change.

The format for the evening has been left open to produce a mix of traffic
rather than everyone fly in a repetitive stream between the airfields. Those with limited time may elect just to hop from Blackpool to Leeds whilst those
free for much longer can fly as many sectors as they want to - or indeed
carry on to any other manned airfield if they so wish.

The three airfields chosen this week can provide fun for either IFR and VFR aircraft but future sessions (if demand is there) may see us opening smaller
airfields neglected by IVAO like Oxford, Hawarden, Carlisle, Plymouth,
Cambridge - and maybe even smaller strips like Shobdon, Peterborough or
Barton.

http://woodair.net