[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Aircraft

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:44:01 +0100

Just had a quick look and see that they are indeed just blanks rather than a
proper, layered set of PSD files.

Blanks are OK if the repaint isn't complex as you can have a reasonable
guess as to where everything is. PSD files are much better because there is
usually a layer with a template on showing where all the parts are - handy
when looking for gear doors or aerials, or to tell you that the engines are
upside down in the bitmap!

Bad news is that the fuselage seem to be split across five bitmaps so lining
the stripe up will be tricky. One of the bitmaps is also a different size so
the stripe will have to be resized for that one - guesswork mostly.

I'll send you some template files. Create a new texture folder and bang in
the normal textures, then put in the ones I have repainted - just five for
now. Send me screenshots of the aircraft - I promise they won't be pretty!