[jhb_airlines] Re: JHB Aircraft

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:55:59 +0100

I think the problem with the existing, default, texture is that it leaves the aircraft looking dumpy, which I suppose it is. A couple of stronger cheat lines, plus a bit of colour on the tail, might make it look longer.

You point out a gap that I hadn't spotted before - we don't have any
executive aircraft in the fleet.

Now cured as I have added a Citation to the page now. This is a nice
aircraft for users to jump up to from turboprops as it gives a decent cruise
speed but still has Baron approach speeds (down to 100kts with full flap).

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/jhb/JHB_Fleet/JHB_C550.jpg

I've not got the Falcon so a repaint would be tricky. Do you know if a paint
kit is available?

For the executive fleet I will do as in real life and create a more
minimalist paint scheme. As you will see on the C550 there isn't enough room
for the full JHB Airlines logo and this has been reduced to a simple (but
effective) JHB. Most bizjets there days have no corporate identity at all -
seems to be the fashion, probably because many are sub leased to other
companies.