[jhb_airlines] Its growing on me!

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 00:20 +0100 (BST)

I have now completed two flights with FSX - Teesside to Liverpool and Biggin
Hill to London City.
The former with the default settings worked OK, although Teeside airport on top
of a pit bank looks
daft. Liverpool looked quite beautiful with its myriads of Autogen "houses like
what what the
Americans think we British live in"  Frame rates were around the 15 mark.

Following the tips from Alex & Kevin here, I tweaked the default settings and
also pointed the
Scenery Builder in FSX at the VFGM VFR scenery in FS9.  The scenery indeed
showed up, and my flight
from Biggin was considerably less blurry than in FS9, and the frame rate shot
up to 25.  I haven't
seen frame rates of that order for years. I even found myself getting used to
the default virtual
cockpit.

In spite of the doubters, I think this version will grow on people.  Slight
disconcerting note: -
"The Multiplayer menu option will not be listed in the main menu until the
product is activated."
Now I need to find out how to do that - I thought I had done it at install time.