[jhb_airlines] Re: Irish Airstrip

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:30:12 +0000

I'd thought FSNav would be the low tech way. It's a bit messier than it used to be, since it puts in the NDB frequencies for all my farmstrips; and gets them wrong. I got around this by putting the AFCADS, which contain only the NDBs, into a separate scenery. I remember the only way to prevent the Database prog picking them up, even though unticked, was to move their scenery folder to another part of the machine, until the dbase had finished.

That would leave FSX, where FSNav doesn't work. In fact I still use it for FSX. I just run FS9 on this old machine, leave it static, create the flightplan, then use it as a chart, whilst running FSX on the fsim machine and setting the course changes manually. Yes, I know I should be using FSX's Garmin but it's much more unwieldly than FSNav.

Off to run the Dbase, whilst I remember!

The Irish data is only available through the EuroControl site at
http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int but they don't include data for the small
strips. Your best bet would be Pooleys or Bottlang - otherwise it's back to
FSNav!.