[jhb_airlines] Re: Internet

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:43:59 +0100

Thanks Mike

After a lot of faffing around, plugging and unplugging cables, unplugging and replugging the Cable Modem.

Even used the USB connection.

Eureka!!!!!

I now have my laptop, wired, my wifes laptop, wireless.And my main machine, wired, talking to the internet.

Seems the modem power cable must be unplugged( not switched off from the mains), connect the required item, ie router, then plug in the power cable again, switching off, or removing the wall plug, does not work???

The problem with being cable internet/tv/phone, I cannot just set up another internet connection.

Was worried me, had the 1 month old NIC in the main machine failed!.

Afetr so many years with the internet, you don't realise, how much you depend on it.

FF