[jhb_airlines] Re: Innsbruck

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:37:22 +0100

Well, having re visited, today, to do a landing on Innsbruck's 08, I'm glad the weather last night favoured 26!
Today was clear but the ILS doesn't get you down to 5000' by overhead the field, as it says on the tin. Since there was no cloud, that didn't matter. Though I was flying a Q400, instead of last night's A320, I only just managed to do a 180, to fly downwind. To find enough space to get round, just, onto finals, I had to go far enough back to be round a bend in the valley, with Innsbruck out of sight. If I'd had to attempt it last night there would have been a run on the market for clean underware. If ever SWMBO suggests a holiday there, I'll leave home!

BTW, the Dreamwings Q400, using Spada's panel, is a very decent turboprop. But then everyone else has probably found that out before I did.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx

Alastair wrote:

Must admit, I enjoyed my flight to Vienna, although rather long at around 2 hours flight time.

ATC all the way, UK departure, and centre, Dutch en route ATC, 2 off German centre controllers, and final arrival ably handled by the Austrian controller.

Alastair

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 14/07/2005 00:16:13 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx writes:

Tonight saw quite a drop in traffic so it was rather humdrum for the
three
UK airports.
I'll say. Flying from Manchester, just me and Bones on channel, London Centre, just me and Alex, Norwich approach, just me and Dave. Looked at the Servinfo map, the swarm appeared round Austria. I couldn't start that early as following the Tour de France on ITV2.
Frank T.