[jhb_airlines] Re: Innsbruck

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:00:40 +0100

Yes but not fully loaded. We've seen a few here with just a 5750ft runway.

Just practise your steep turns because if LOWI is in marginal weather
tomorrow and you do the ILS cloudbreak procedure (descend to 5000ft on the
ILS and the airfield should be directly underneath you) then you have to
stay within a circling radius of 2nm of the airport to stop thudding into a
hillside.

I wonder how many will get caught out by the ILS being 16nm away from the
airfield... <vbg>