[jhb_airlines] Re: Impending Monitor failure

  • From: pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Dodds)
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:49 +0100 (BST)

> Now that prices of LCD screens are down quite a bit I may move
> in that
> direction.
I have found LCD screens totally excellent ever since I bought my
first laptop in 2000 with the, then, super new TFT screen.
However, colour does vary, but if you only had one, I suspect you
wouldn't notice it.  My laptop is somewhat bluer than the 17" one
I have for my desktop.  I can't physically fit a bigger one into
my garrett-like office, because the roof comes down over the
desk!  I can't fit a CRT monitor in at all!
I certainly haven't noticed any slowness of response or any other
problems at all.  It not an expensive one - it is an "AOC" from
Staples and cost about £250 18 months ago, but I suspect prices
have come down since then. It has a menu with brightness and
contrast controls, H & V alignment etc, but I've never twiddled.

They are also much less strain on the eyes.