[jhb_airlines] Re: I'll be back!

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:04:11 +0100

Peter,

Hear hear! Hardware firewalls all the way, don't slow your PC down at all. infinitely more secure and far more configurable. Picked mine up for £80 on eBay and it no subscription to renew....brilliant!

Alex

Peter Dodds wrote:
There really ought to be a public health warning on every FS site.  Zone alarm and Norton Antivirus in all it's guises
are very bad news for FS Multiplayer.  The recommended wisdom is a hardware firewall in a router for networks, and
Windows XP SP2 firewall is reckoned to be fairly sound, but for total security on a single PC - a hardware firewall once
again - this is what my computer guru associates tell me all the time.

Norton was the canine testicles before DSymantec got hold of it - as was the Zortech C compiler (anyone ever use that?)